An exterior view shows a national guard base after a recent suspected Islamist militant attack in Aktobe, Kazakhstan, June 7, 2016. REUTERS/Olzhas Auyezov(reuters_tickers)
ALMATY (Reuters) - Kazakh security forces detained three men on Sunday suspected of being Islamist militants linked to deadly attacks a week earlier in the city of Akrobe, the National Security Committee said.
Everyone linked to the June 5 attacks had now been detained or neutralised, it added, without going into further detail.
At least 25 people including 18 attackers died during the assaults on a national guard base and firearms shops, and in the subsequent manhunt.
Authorities have not identified the attackers, but President Nursultan Nazarbayev said they were Salafists, the followers of an ultra-conservative school of Islam, who had received instructions from abroad.
(Reporting by Olzhas Auyezov; Editing by Andrew Heavens)