Reuters International

Some of the 21 Chibok school girls released are seen during a meeting with Nigeria's Vice President Yemi Osinbajo in Abuja, Nigeria, October 13, 2016. Sunday Aghaeze/Special Assistant to Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari/Handout via REUTERS


ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigeria will double down in its efforts to bring home the rest of the more than 200 girls kidnapped by Boko Haram in the northeastern town of Chibok in 2014, President Muhammadu Buhari said on Wednesday.

"We shall redouble our efforts to bring the rest back home," Buhari said while meeting 21 Chibok girls which were released by Boko Haram last week after talks with the government brokered by Switzerland and the International Red Cross.

(Reporting by Felix Onuah; Writing by Ulf Laessing)


 Reuters International