People inspect the damage at a site hit by airstrikes, in the rebel-held area of Aleppo's Bustan al-Qasr, Syria April 28, 2016. REUTERS/Abdalrhman Ismail(reuters_tickers)
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Air strikes on rebel-held areas of Aleppo and shelling of government-held areas of the city resumed on Friday, after a brief dawn lull following seven days of violence, a war monitor, a civil defence worker and Syrian state media said.
At least one child died and five people were injured in air strikes on Friday on rebel-held areas, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
The strikes come on the same day as Russian state media said a "regime of silence" agreement in Syria sponsored by Russia and the United States will apply for 24 hours in Damascus and the surrounding area and 72 hours in Latakia.
Bebars Mishal, a civil defence chief working in rebel-held areas of Aleppo told Reuters there were a number of air attacks this morning, many of them around mosques in rebel-held areas. Mishal said one hit a clinic in Aleppo's Al-Marja district.
Syrian state television said people had been wounded and a building set on fire during shelling of government-held quarters of Aleppo on Friday.
Air strikes on rebel-held areas of Aleppo have killed 123 civilians including 18 children during the past seven days in the northern Syrian city, the Observatory said on Friday. Eight more civilians, including three children, were killed by government shelling into areas not under its control in the city.
Seventy-one civilians, including 13 children, were killed by rebel shelling into government-held areas of the city during the same period, the British-based monitoring group said.
(Reporting by Lisa Barrington; editing by Dominic Evans)