A suite of traditional Christmas carols from Romantsch-speaking Switzerland, written and arranged by Gion Antoni Derungs.This content was published on April 8, 2008 - 18:04
You hear this music in a performance by leading choirs along with soloists both vocal and instrumental from the Canton Grisons.
1. Gion Antoni Derungs: En Galilea a Nazaret - At Nazareth and Galilee
2. Gion Antoni Derungs: Dad ina frastga nescha - From a Plant Doth Bloom, Interlude
Choir of the Cantonal Teachers' Seminary and of the Cantonal High School, Chur
3. Gion Antoni Derungs: O tgei buontad, tgei caritad - Your Goodness and Your Kindness, Interlude
Mixed Choir Rezia, Chur
4. Gion Antoni Derungs: Bunas nouas - Good News.
Hanspeter Rechsteiner, Baritone, Interlude
5. Gion Antoni Derungs: Interlude. Igl Unfant divin - The Holy.
Child Children's Choir of Mustér.
6. Gion Antoni Derungs: Dorma, dorma o Bambin - Sleep, Sleep My Child, Interlude
Dils Larischs Choir
7. Gion Antoni Derungs: Quei dultsch affon dittein - What Sweet Sounds, Interlude
Child Children's Choir of Mustér
8. Gion Antoni Derungs: Ils trais sabis - The Three Wise Men, Interlude
Sur Gieri Cadruvi, Baritone; Hanspeter Rechsteiner, Baritone; Carli Elvedi, Bass
9. Gion Antoni Derungs: Da mesa notg fideivlamein - At Midnight, Interlude
Children's Choir of Mustér; Cantonal Students' Choir, Chur; Mixed Choir Rezia, Chur
Musica Helvetica. Christmas In Switzerland MH-C81. Nadal Rumantsch. Produced 1981 for SBC / SRI by Lance Tschannen.
Switzerland is a small alpine nation shaped and influenced by great cultural cross-currents that have swept through Europe over centuries. Out of elements of diversity, the people of this country have forged a distinctly Swiss identity. And music is one of its most eloquent expressions. "Musica Helvetica" explores different facets of music in Switzerland from its earliest beginnings to the latest works of modern Swiss composers, from folk music to rock and jazz. This historical series span the years 1973 to 1998. These recordings are not available.
This article was automatically imported from our old content management system. If you see any display errors, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with the JTI standards