Employers and unions in the construction industry have come to another compromise to try to forge a new collective labour contract for the sector.This content was published on April 14, 2008 - 17:53
A government-appointed mediator said on Tuesday that differences found previously unacceptable by employers had been ironed out.
The new regulations are to come into force at the beginning of May, pending approval by both sides to the conflict.
Trade unions and the Swiss Master Builders' Association had been at loggerheads over the terms of a new contract, with the previous accord terminated by the employers at the end of last September.
The situation led to a series of protests and stoppages at construction sites around the country, including the Gotthard rail tunnel under construction.
A first compromise put forward in December was rejected by the builders' association.
Its president, Werner Messmer, said he was confident that the employers would now accept the proposed deal when they meet on April 29.
This article was automatically imported from our old content management system. If you see any display errors, please let us know: email@example.com
In compliance with the JTI standards