The Covid-19 confinement measures have changed and slowed down the lives of many people, but Swiss cartoonists are busier than ever. The pandemic, with its new faces and the reactions of politicians and society in general, is a rich source of inspiration.
- Deutsch Schweizer Humor für die Quarantäne
- Español Humor suizo en tiempos de confinamiento
- Português Humor suíço em tempos de confinamento
- 中文 封闭期的瑞士幽默
- Français Humour suisse en temps de confinement
- عربي سخرية سويسرية في فترة الحجر الصحي
- Pусский Швейцарский юмор эпохи коронавирусной пандемии!
- 日本語 新型コロナに見るスイス人のユーモア
- Italiano Humor svizzero per la quarantena
The Swiss cartoonists’ association Gezeichnet had the idea of bringing together on Instagram part of the enormous humorous output about the unprecedented period we are going through. It has done so in parallel with the Museum of Communication in Bern.
“During the crisis you mustn’t lose your sense of humour,” says Nico Gurtner, head of marketing and communication at the museum. “Bringing these drawings together in a single collection provides a little distraction and entertainment to people stuck working at home.”
Offering a laugh to people in isolation is even more important when the possibilities for movement are limited, he adds.
The Museum of Communication is already planning a retrospective exhibition on the year, Gezeichnet 2020, in December. Hopefully by then the lockdown will be just a memory which might even make us smile.
This article was automatically imported from our old content management system. If you see any display errors, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org