In a Swiss National Day address to Swiss citizens who live in another country, Ueli Maurer, who holds the rotating Swiss presidency this year, stresses shared Swiss values.This content was published on August 1, 2019 - 10:00
- Deutsch Bundespräsident bedankt sich bei Auslandschweizern und -schweizerinnen
- Italiano Il presidente della Confederazione ringrazia gli svizzeri all'estero
- Español Ueli Maurer expresa su gratitud a los suizos en el exterior
- Português Ueli Maurer expressa sua gratidão aos suíços no exterior
- Français Ueli Maurer exprime sa gratitude aux Suisses de l'étranger
The Swiss president traditionally records a message to Switzerland’s expat community as part of the country’s August 1 celebrations.
About 760,000 Swiss citizens live abroad, making up 11% of the total population. They maintain voting and other key rights.
Maurer used the occasion to underline the importance of the Swiss Abroad in representing Switzerland and its values, such as "punctuality, reliability, modesty and hard work".
This article was automatically imported from our old content management system. If you see any display errors, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org