- Deutsch Studierende starten ihr Elektroflugzeug
- Español Estudiantes surcan los cielos con su avión eléctrico
- Français Des étudiants-es s'envolent avec leur avion électrique
- عربي طلاب يحلقون بطائرة كهربائية طوّروها بأنفسهم
- 日本語 学生が作った電動飛行機、空を舞う
- Italiano Un aereo elettrico effettua il suo primo volo in Svizzera
A four-seater battery-powered electric plane, known as the e-Sling, developed by students at the federal technology institute ETH Zurich, completed its maiden flight near Zurich on September 30.
A team of 20 students has worked on the project for the past two years. As part of their studies, they built an efficient electric engine and a modular battery system with a special cooling system. The light aircraft design is based on the Sling TSi, a South African kit aircraft.
Anna Thumann, a student engineer who is part of the ETH Zurich team, hopes their efforts will contribute to making the aviation sector more sustainable in the future.