French organ music of the Baroque era. Albert Bolliger and the Sinus label continue their series which focus entirely on historic organs in France. This time it's the turn for the organ at the prytaneum of La Flèche which was restored by Ambroise Levasseur in 1640. The prytaneum of La Flèche which is located south-east of le Mans, has been a military education complex ever since the 17th century. And its organ ranked among the most powerful ones in France for a long time. The first version was built by the Parisian Paul Maillard. Since Levasseur's fulfillment it has undergone several alterations. 1992 the organ was totally restored.
Claude Balbastre: Carillon des Morts