Navigation

Skiplink Navigation

Main Features

Malvaglia house

The house dates back to the early 16th century.

The Casa San Carlo owes its name to a legend that tells how the counter-reformation Cardinal Carlo Borromeo spent the night here. A second full storey was added in 1564. A notable detail of the living quarters floor is an open vestibule with an opening for tending the stone-heating stove.