External Content

The following content is sourced from external partners. We cannot guarantee that it is suitable for the visually or hearing impaired.

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (Reuters) - A car bomber attacked a NATO convoy in the southern Afghan city of Kandahar on Sunday, killing one civilian and wounding four others but without causing casualties among international forces, officials said.

Qudratullah Khushbakht, a spokesman for the Kandahar governor, said the attack happened on the airport road, killing a woman and wounding four other people.

However a spokesman for the NATO-led Resolute Support mission said there had been no injuries among troops in the convoy.

"We can confirm a suicide bomber attempted an attack on a patrol in Kandahar, Afghanistan, earlier today. However, there were no fatalities or injuries sustained by coalition forces," the spokesman said in an emailed statement.

(Reporting by Ismail Sameem and James Mackenzie; Editing by Gareth Jones)

Neuer Inhalt

Horizontal Line


subscription form

Form for signing up for free newsletter.

Sign up for our free newsletters and get the top stories delivered to your inbox.







Click here to see more newsletters

WEF 2018

WEF Teaser 2018

Podcast

Reuters