External Content

The following content is sourced from external partners. We cannot guarantee that it is suitable for the visually or hearing impaired.

MILAN (Reuters) - Italy's Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini on Monday said he was not aware of a plan to write a law to revoke concessions held by Autostrade per l'Italia to operate toll highways after the collapse of a bridge in Genoa last week.

Italian daily la Repubblica reported on Monday that the ruling coalition was ready to issue a decree or a law to accelerate the cancellation of Autostrade's state concession.

"I don't know. I have not been following the press reports. I have no idea, so I'll avoid responding," Salvini told state broadcaster RAI when asked about the Repubblica report.

The government on Friday launched a lengthy bureaucratic and legal procedure to cancel the concessions held by Autostrade, a unit of infrastructure group Atlantia that manages some 3,000 km of Italy's network, after the bridge collapse killed 43 people.

(Reporting by Giulia Segreti, editing by Steve Scherer)

Neuer Inhalt

Horizontal Line


swissinfo EN

Teaser Join us on Facebook!

Join us on Facebook!

subscription form

Form for signing up for free newsletter.

Sign up for our free newsletters and get the top stories delivered to your inbox.








Click here to see more newsletters

Reuters