Navigation

Skiplink Navigation

Main Features

Victim of Morocco attack succumbs to injuries

A 25-year-old Swiss woman who was seriously injured in last week’s bomb attack on a cafe in Marrakech has died from her injuries.

The woman was on holiday with three companions when the attack on the café in the busy Djemma el-Fna square occurred.

Two of the woman’s companions, a Swiss and a Portuguese resident of Switzerland aged 25 and 23, were killed immediately. The funeral of the woman's boyfriend was held on Friday in Ticino.

Announcing the death, Swiss Foreign Minister Micheline Calmy-Rey said the fourth member of the group was still in a serious condition in hospital.

Morocco's interior ministry said three Moroccan nationals had been arrested late on Thursday over the attack which killed 17 people and injured 21.

The main suspect had loyalties to al-Qaeda and had taken six months to produce two bombs of six and nine kilograms each, the interior ministry said.

swissinfo.ch and agencies


Links

Neuer Inhalt

Horizontal Line


subscription form

Form for signing up for free newsletter.

Sign up for our free newsletter and get the top stories delivered to your inbox.

swissinfo EN

The following content is sourced from external partners. We cannot guarantee that it is suitable for the visually or hearing impaired.

Join us on Facebook!

×