SWI swissinfo.ch has been certified for transparent and professional journalism, according to the standards of the Journalism Trust Initiative (JTI).
- Deutsch JTI-Zertifizierung von SWI swissinfo.ch (original)
- Español SWI swissinfo.ch, certificado por la JTI
- Português Certificação JTI para a SWI swissinfo.ch
- 中文 瑞士资讯SWI swissinfo.ch得到新闻信任计划的认证
- عربي SWI swissinfo.ch تحصل على الاعتماد من طرف "مبادرة الثقة في الصحافة"
- Français SWI swissinfo.ch certifiée par la Journalism Trust Initiative
- Pусский Сертификат по нормам JTI для портала SWI swissinfo.ch
- 日本語 SWI swissinfo.ch ジャーナリズム・トラスト・イニシアチブの認証授受
- Italiano SWI swissinfo.ch certificato dalla Journalism Trust Initiative
SWI swissinfo.ch is committed to trustworthy journalism and combating fake news. Journalism worthy of its name must be clearly distinguishable, by humans and algorithms. Benchmarks of quality and independence must be transparent and verifiable to reinstate trust.
The JTI was initiated by Reporters Without Borders (RSF), with core support from the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) and news agency, Agence France Presse. More than 120 experts and entities contributed to the standard setting which was completed at the end of 2019. SWI swissinfo.ch has been certified since mid-2021.
JTI certification goes beyond simple recognition of trustworthy media outlets. The JTI’s web application enables the media to verify, disclose and champion the transparency and integrity of their editorial processes.
Collectively, the JTI certificate has the power to promote trustworthy journalism and news sources and facilitate efforts to combat disinformation.
The JTI certificate awarded to SWI swissinfo.ch is available on the JTI websiteExternal link, where the sections of the assessment can be read in their entirety. The certificate was awarded in July 2021 following an audit by Deloitte Australia.
In compliance with the JTI standards