Case dropped against Gaddafi's son
Geneva's chief prosecutor says he has dropped charges against a son of Libyan leader Moammar Gaddafi and his wife for allegedly beating up two servants.
Daniel Zappelli said on Wednesday the case against Hannibal Gaddafi and his wife would be closed because the former servants had withdrawn their complaint.
It comes a day after the lawyer for the two former domestic staff members said the complaint of alleged bodily harm, making threats and coercion was rescinded in a "free manner".
He said his clients, a Moroccan and Tunisian, had been compensated and given temporary visas to stay in Switzerland.
The July arrest and charging of Gaddafi and his wife led to a diplomatic crisis between Libya and Switzerland.
The Swiss foreign ministry described the decision by the Geneva prosecutor as "a very important step" to resolving the affair.
A spokesman said talks with Libya would continue until relations returned to the level they were before the crisis.
In compliance with the JTI standards
More: SWI swissinfo.ch certified by the Journalism Trust Initiative
Contributions under this article have been turned off. You can find an overview of ongoing debates with our journalists here. Please join us!
If you want to start a conversation about a topic raised in this article or want to report factual errors, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.