Here are Christmas songs and melodies from the four linguistic regions of Switzerland.This content was published on April 8, 2008 - 17:00
You hear version sung in German, Swiss-German, French, Gruyère dialect, Italian and Romantsch.
1. Maibaum Instrumental Folk Ensemble, Zürich: Noël suisse - Swiss Christmas
Alfred Stern, conductor
2. Female Voices of the Choir of the Blind, Berne: Kommt all herein, ihr Engelein - Come All Ye Little Angels
(Trad., arr. G. Kölliker)
Gottfried Kölliker, conductor
3. Mixed Choir of Prilly: Berceuse de Noël - Christmas Lullabye
(Trad., arr. J. Bovet)
Fernand Verdon, conductor
4. Maîtrise Saint-Pierre aux Liens, Bulle: Pê vê la miné - Towards Midnight
(Trad., arr. J. Bovet)
André Corboz, conductor
5. Choir and Instrumentalists of the Teachers' Seminary, Locarno: Natale - Christmas.
(R. Galfetti, arr. C. Cavadini)
Claudio Cavadini and Antonio Lava, conductors
6. Mixed Choir of the Teachers' Seminary of Chur: Da mesa notg fidaivlamein - At Midnight
(Trad., arr. G.A. Derungs)
Sur Gieri Cadruvi, Baritone; Esther Sialm, organ; Gion Antoni Derungs, conductor
7. Children of Pestalozzi Village, Trogen: Stille Nacht, heilige Nacht - Silent Night, Holy Night
8. Lucerne Singers (with instrumentalists): Die heilige Driikönige - The Three Holy Kings
A. Moenne, oboe; G. Weber, English horn; H. Przibilla, bassoon; Hansruedi Willisegger, conductor
9. Bells of Muothatal
Musica Helvetica. Christmas In Switzerland MH-C75. Carols in the languages of Switzerland. Produced 1975 for SBC / SRI by Lance Tschannen.
Switzerland is a small alpine nation shaped and influenced by great cultural cross-currents that have swept through Europe over centuries. Out of elements of diversity, the people of this country have forged a distinctly Swiss identity. And music is one of its most eloquent expressions. "Musica Helvetica" explores different facets of music in Switzerland from its earliest beginnings to the latest works of modern Swiss composers, from folk music to rock and jazz. This historical series span the years 1973 to 1998. These recordings are not available.
This article was automatically imported from our old content management system. If you see any display errors, please let us know: email@example.com
In compliance with the JTI standards