Another evening at the "Culture Caroussel" recorded by the Swiss Broadcasting Corporation at the historic White Horse Inn at Stäfa on Lake Zurich.This content was published on April 15, 2008 - 12:21
This edition features two more groups: the Fidelis Wyssen Band from the German-speaking part of Canton Valais, and the Engadine group from the Romansch-speaking Canton of Graubünden.
1. Fidelis Wyssen Band: Jetzt gilt's Toby - Toby's in shape tonight, Waltz
2. Fidelis Wyssen Band: Zwischen Mund und Birgisch - Between Mund and Birgisch, Polka
3. Engadine folk music group: Il Murtaröl - Mount Murtaröl
4. Engadine folk music group: Ancient Polka
5. Engadine folk music group: Mazurka Barba Peder - Uncle Peter's Mazurka
6. Fidelis Wyssen Band: Munder Schottisch
7. Fidelis Wyssen Band: Uf d'r Sitzflüoh - On the Sitzflüoh Mountain, Polka
Musica Helvetica. Swiss Folk Music Live - Live! SFL-4. At the Culture Caroussel of Stäfa (II). Produced 1981 for SBC / SRI by Lance Tschannen.
Switzerland is a small alpine nation shaped and influenced by great cultural cross-currents that have swept through Europe over centuries. Out of elements of diversity, the people of this country have forged a distinctly Swiss identity. And music is one of its most eloquent expressions. "Musica Helvetica" explores different facets of music in Switzerland from its earliest beginnings to the latest works of modern Swiss composers, from folk music to rock and jazz. This historical series span the years 1973 to 1998. These recordings are not available.
This article was automatically imported from our old content management system. If you see any display errors, please let us know: email@example.com