Voter turnout among young adults is well below the population average. We discover the true political interests of young people.This content was published on August 10, 2018 - 11:00
- Deutsch Was junge Erwachsene an die Urnen bringt
- Español La clave para fomentar el voto joven
- Português O que leva jovens a participar da política?
- 中文 怎样让瑞士年轻人对政治感兴趣
- Français Ce qui pousse les jeunes à la participation politique
- عربي ما الّذي يُحرّك البالغين الشّباب للمشاركة السّياسيّة؟
- Pусский Что побуждает швейцарскую молодежь к участию в политике?
- 日本語 若者が政治に参加する理由とは？
- Italiano Quel che spinge i giovani a impegnarsi in politica
Only around one in three adolescents between the ages of 18 and 25 exercise their voting rights. Since 2014, political scientist Cloé Jans from the polling and research institute gfs.bernExternal link has been investigating the political participation of young adults.
Jans found that e-voting or the lowering of the voting age are much less decisive for the participation of young adults than political education; this is also the opinion of individuals in this age group. Topical relevance, emotion, and personal concerns are ultimately the factors that drive young people to the ballot box.Together with the umbrella organisation Swiss Youth Parliaments (DSJ), gfs.bern interviewed about 1,500 students between the ages of 15 and 25 with the easyvote Politics Monitor.
This article was automatically imported from our old content management system. If you see any display errors, please let us know: email@example.com