External Content

The following content is sourced from external partners. We cannot guarantee that it is suitable for the visually or hearing impaired.

HONG KONG (Reuters) - A patient being treated in a Hong Kong hospital in the city's first suspected Ebola case has tested negative for the virus, Hong Kong's health department said on Sunday.

The 32-year-old man had travelled to Hong Kong from Nigeria, where a state of emergency has been declared over the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.

The patient was put in isolation after going to a hospital earlier on Sunday as he developed diarrhoea and vomiting but no fever. He is currently in a stable condition, the health department said in a statement.

Hong Kong went on full alert for Ebola late in July.

(Reporting by Grace Li; Editing by Stephen Powell)

Neuer Inhalt

Horizontal Line


subscription form

Form for signing up for free newsletter.

Sign up for our free newsletters and get the top stories delivered to your inbox.







Click here to see more newsletters

swissinfo EN

The following content is sourced from external partners. We cannot guarantee that it is suitable for the visually or hearing impaired.

Join us on Facebook!

Reuters