While young people from all over Switzerland have been taking part in Fridays for Future protests, dozens of start-ups are also working to develop technologies to fight climate change. Part two of our climate video series looks at how the country is going about reducing its greenhouse gas emissions.This content was published on October 29, 2021 - 09:00
- Deutsch So versucht die Schweiz den Kampf gegen den Klimawandel
- Español Cómo Suiza trata de combatir el cambio climático
- Português Como a Suíça combate as mudança do clima
- 中文 瑞士在为对抗气候变化做出哪些努力
- Français Comment la Suisse essaie de combattre le changement climatique
- عربي كيف تكافح سويسرا التغيّرات المناخية
- Pусский Швейцария и изменения климата: Что делать? (Часть 2)
- 日本語 気候変動の現実②スイスは気候変動とどう闘うか
- Italiano Come la Svizzera affronta il cambiamento climatico
In the 2019 parliamentary elections, green parties promising climate action made historic gains. A broader climate movement, which has brought thousands onto the streets, has also sparked research into new technologies – projects ranging from carbon-neutral fuels made from sunlight and air to technologies that capture CO2 from the air and store it in concrete.
However, the climate movement and efforts experienced a setback in June 2021, when a narrow majority of Swiss voters rejected a prposed CO2 law intended to help the government meet its climate targets. What other measures can help Switzerland cut its emissions? And how does the country plan to adapt, in case global warming can’t be stopped? Find out in this video.