Davos photographer Jules Spinatsch takes a critical look at the less glamorous side of major alpine events and has made a name for himself internationally with his images of the snow business.This content was published on January 17, 2015 - 11:00
- Deutsch Wenn die Kommerz-Lawine die Alpen überrollt
- Español Mirada tras bastidores de una manifestación cultural alpina
- Português Os bastidores de um grande evento alpino
- 中文 雪山成为旅游业的舞台
- Français Quand le tourisme fait joujou avec la nature
- عربي في كواليس التظاهرات الكبرى في جبال الألب
- Pусский Давос зимой: пятьдесят оттенков белого
- 日本語 アルプスのイベント文化の舞台裏
- Italiano Quando la valanga del commercio travolge le Alpi
Coming from a Graubünden hotel family, Spinatsch has a special feeling for snow. His images capture the massive scale of winter tourism. In his photography book "Snow Management Complex", he has depicted the transformation of the alpine region into an experience platform.
The commercialisation of the alpine region is most clearly visible in the high altitude winter tourism resorts. Spinatsch is particularly interested in what goes on behind the scenes. He shines a light on what has been glossed over. The photographer approaches event culture with ambivalence and keeps his distance.
Spinatsch leads viewers through the French, Italian, Austrian and Swiss Alps.
All photographs by Jules Spinatsch, text: Peter Siegenthaler, swissinfo.ch
This article was automatically imported from our old content management system. If you see any display errors, please let us know: email@example.com