While not all of our readers have a vote for September 24, many of you still have an opinion. Whether it's the issue of changing pensions or putting food security into the constitution, we want to know what you think!
We will present the results after the real vote on September 24. The questions have been slightly simplified. Click below to have your say!
Pensions - vote now!
The basic points of the reform involve:
- raising the retirement age for women from 64 to 65 in line with men
- a reduction in the so-called minimum conversion rate for assets accumulated in compulsory vocational pension plans to 6%
- a slight increase in VAT
- To compensate, all new pensioners will receive an additional CHF70 per ($72) month
You can get more details here.
Food security - vote now!
In simple terms this means: the population has access to sufficient food of appropriate quality and at an affordable price at all times.
- preserve the bases of agricultural production: farmland, water, farming techniques, knowledge.
- food production must be adapted to local conditions and make efficient use of resources.
- agriculture and the food-supply chain must be market-oriented, but the foodstuffs produced must be used in a way that respects resources.
- cross-border trade relations should contribute to the sustainable development of agriculture and the food-supply chain.
You'll find more detailed information here.