The building housing the United Nations in Geneva, the Palais des Nations - is due for a renovation. Photographer François Vermot has captured the style and furnishings from the 1930s and 70s before they are lost forever.
- Deutsch Auf historischen Spuren im Palais des Nations
- Español Tras las huellas de los fantasmas del Palacio de las Naciones
- Português Os fantasmas do Palácio das Nações
- 中文 万国宫开始装修 抓紧再来看看它
- عربي المقر الأوروبي للأمم المتحدة في جنيف على أعتاب عصر جديد
- Français Sur les traces des fantômes du Palais des Nations
- Pусский В поисках «духа Женевы» во Дворце Наций
- 日本語 過去へといざなう国連の片隅
- Italiano Sulle tracce dei fantasmi del Palazzo delle Nazioni
There are no people in Vermot's series, titled 'Diplomatic Imprints'. This intentionally puts the focus on the period furnishings from a bygone age.
"There are several corners of the Palais des Nations which transport the visitor into the past - the 30s or 70s, which were the periods when the building was renovated and enlarged," writes the photographer.
Renovation work is expected to begin in 2023, and all that will be left will be the photographs.
This article was automatically imported from our old content management system. If you see any display errors, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org