The first International Public Media Conference (IPMC) took place on March 4 in Bern. We are glad to offer you the video of all the panels and keynotes at the event. Thank you for your interest!
SWI swissinfo.ch offered a livestream of the IPMC panels online:
- Opening address by Federal Councillor and media minister Simonetta Sommaruga, Federal Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications DETECexternal link
- Keynote Karen Donders, Head of Media Unit, research centre imec-SMITexternal link, Virje Universiteit Brussels, Belgium
"Public service media beyond the digital hype: Are public broadcasters making a difference in European societies?"
- Executive Panel: "More challenging than ever, more challenged than ever"
Cilla Benkö, Director General Sveriges Radioexternal link, Sweden
Gilles Marchand, Director General SRG SSRexternal link, Switzerland
Jean-Paul Philippot, Administrator General RTBFexternal link, Belgium
Karola Wille, Director General MDRexternal link, Germany
- Keynote Noel Curran, Director General European Broadcasting Union EBUexternal link
"The Enduring and Unique Value of Public Service Media"
- Case Presentation from Denmark: "Ramasjang Saves The Worldexternal link"
Laerke Vindahl, Head of Children's Content Productions DRexternal link, Denmark
- Presentation of the study "Service public. Acceptance of the young target group and future opportunities"
Ulla Autenrieth, Project Manager HTW Churexternal link / University of Baselexternal link, Switzerland
Fiona Fehlmann, Scientific Collaborator, HTW Churexternal link, Switzerland
Matthias Künzler, Head of Research, Institute for Multimedia Production, HTW Churexternal link, Switzerland
- Case Presentation from Scotland: "BBC The Socialexternal link"
Kirsty Drain, Senior Content Producer, BBC Scotlandexternal link, United Kingdom
- Presentation of the study "Public service media in the digital age - the perpective of European regulatory bodies"
Samuel Studer, Media Specialist, Federal Office of Communicationsexternal link, Switzerland
- Case Presentation from Switzerland: "InfoVerso: le média en transparenceexternal link"Christophe Chaudet, Director News & Sports RTSexternal link, Switzerland
- Closing Remarks Otfried Jarren, President of the Federal Media Commission FMECexternal link, Switzerland
Find a roundup of the conference with some of the main points here:
Please find our dossier on the Swiss media landscape hereexternal link.