The first International Public Media Conference (IPMC) took place on March 4 in Bern. We are glad to offer you the video of all the panels and keynotes at the event. Thank you for your interest!This content was published on March 4, 2019 - 16:16
- Deutsch Livestream: Internationale Public Media Konferenz
- 中文 现场直击：国际公共媒体论坛
- Français Livestream: Conférence internationale des médias publics
- عربي المؤتمر الدولي الاوّل لوسائل الإعلام العمومية
- Pусский Международная конференция по общественным СМИ 4 марта 2019 года
- 日本語 国際公共メディア会議
- Italiano Livestream: International Public Media Conference
SWI swissinfo.ch offered a livestream of the IPMC panels online:
- Opening address by Federal Councillor and media minister Simonetta Sommaruga, Federal Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications DETECExternal link
- Keynote Karen Donders, Head of Media Unit, research centre imec-SMITExternal link, Virje Universiteit Brussels, Belgium
"Public service media beyond the digital hype: Are public broadcasters making a difference in European societies?"
- Executive Panel: "More challenging than ever, more challenged than ever"
Cilla Benkö, Director General Sveriges RadioExternal link, Sweden
Gilles Marchand, Director General SRG SSRExternal link, Switzerland
Jean-Paul Philippot, Administrator General RTBFExternal link, Belgium
Karola Wille, Director General MDRExternal link, Germany
- Keynote Noel Curran, Director General European Broadcasting Union EBUExternal link
"The Enduring and Unique Value of Public Service Media"
- Case Presentation from Denmark: "Ramasjang Saves The WorldExternal link"
Laerke Vindahl, Head of Children's Content Productions DRExternal link, Denmark
- Presentation of the study "Service public. Acceptance of the young target group and future opportunities"
Ulla Autenrieth, Project Manager HTW ChurExternal link / University of BaselExternal link, Switzerland
Fiona Fehlmann, Scientific Collaborator, HTW ChurExternal link, Switzerland
Matthias Künzler, Head of Research, Institute for Multimedia Production, HTW ChurExternal link, Switzerland
- Case Presentation from Scotland: "BBC The SocialExternal link"
Kirsty Drain, Senior Content Producer, BBC ScotlandExternal link, United Kingdom
- Presentation of the study "Public service media in the digital age - the perpective of European regulatory bodies"
Samuel Studer, Media Specialist, Federal Office of CommunicationsExternal link, Switzerland
- Case Presentation from Switzerland: "InfoVerso: le média en transparenceExternal link"Christophe Chaudet, Director News & Sports RTSExternal link, Switzerland
- Closing Remarks Otfried Jarren, President of the Federal Media Commission FMECExternal link, Switzerland
Find a roundup of the conference with some of the main points here:
Please find our dossier on the Swiss media landscape hereExternal link.
In compliance with the JTI standards