Navigation

Nestlé executive resigns

Swiss food and drinks giant Nestlé says that its Americas chief Paul Polman has resigned his post.

This content was published on September 4, 2008 - 10:16

Polman is leaving to become chief executive of rival company Unilever PLC, the Netherlands-based company said in a separate statement.

Polman had long been seen as the frontrunner to take over from Peter Brabeck as Nestlé's CEO but the board picked former Americas head Paul Bulcke instead last September.

Nestlé said its Europe chief Luis Cantarell would take over the Americas region from Polman, who had been with the company for 29 years.

Nestlé said Laurent Freixe would succeed Cantarell as head of European business.

This article was automatically imported from our old content management system. If you see any display errors, please let us know: community-feedback@swissinfo.ch

In compliance with the JTI standards

In compliance with the JTI standards

More: SWI swissinfo.ch certified by the Journalism Trust Initiative

Contributions under this article have been turned off. You can find an overview of ongoing debates with our journalists here. Please join us!

If you want to start a conversation about a topic raised in this article or want to report factual errors, email us at english@swissinfo.ch.

Share this story

Change your password

Do you really want to delete your profile?