Dölf Reist was a member of the successful Swiss quartet who made it to the top of Mount Everest in 1956. He also documented the expedition with photographs. These images were the foundation of a successful parallel career as a public speaker and mountain photographer whose images were published in photography books.
- Deutsch Die grossen Everest-Bilder des kleinen Dölf Reist
- Español Las grandiosas imágenes del Everest de Dölf Reist
- Português As fotos do alpinista Dölf Reist
- 中文 最高的珠峰和最矮的登顶者
- Français Les grandes photos du petit Dölf Reist
- عربي المصور دولف رايست.. موهبة كبيرة في جسم صغير
- Pусский Эверест Дёльфа Райзта
- 日本語 １９５６年のスイス隊エベレスト遠征
- Italiano Le grandi immagini dell'Everest del "piccolo" Dölf Reist
Reist, who was born in Bern and died in 2000 aged 79, might have been of small stature but was a man of many talents. Not only did he embody post-war alpine mountaineering and mountain photography, he also published countless books of photographs and shone as a gifted storyteller.
On his tours throughout Switzerland, audiences – young and old – packed into halls to see his slideshows and hear his stories first hand. These lectures formed a significant part of his income.
As a result, Reist was one of the first elite mountaineers with star appeal, and inspired today's hi-tech multimedia presentations that are staged as events and platforms for sponsors.
(Text: Renat Kuenzi, swissinfo.ch; images: Dölf Reist / Swiss Alpine Museum)