- Deutsch Abstimmungsresultate vom 19. Mai 2019
- Español Resultados de las votaciones del 19 de mayo de 2019
- Português Votações de 19 de maio de 2019
- 中文 2019年5月19日全民投票结果
- عربي نتائج اقتراع 19 مايو 2019
- Français Résultats de la votation du 19 mai 2019
- Pусский Результаты референдума в Швейцарии 19 мая 2019 года
- 日本語 2019年5月19日の国民投票結果
- Italiano Risultati della votazione del 19 maggio 2019
After the EU had approved a stricter gun law and passed it in 2017, Switzerland was pressured to follow along. The gun law ballot had been discussed controversially all over Switzerland. From now on, notably, buyers of semi-automatic guns will have to be members of a shooting club or shoot regularly.
A broad alliance of gun clubs, militia army officers, hunters and collectors, supported by the political right, tried to overturn the decision by parliament last year to fall into line with the EU law, forcing the referendum on Sunday.
The result of the ballot on Sunday was clear: 66% voted in favour of a tightened gun law. The only canton to dismiss the reform was the canton of Ticino.
Meanwhile, reforms to the corporate tax system, linked with a financial boost to the pension system, will most likely also be accepted. Two years ago, voters rejected a similar proposal to reform corporate tax in the country by 59%.
This article was automatically imported from our old content management system. If you see any display errors, please let us know: email@example.com