Zurich police have given the all-clear for Zurich's commuter train network to resume operation after receiving a bomb threat earlier in the day.This content was published on March 15, 2006 - 18:51
Services on seven commuter lines were stopped for nearly three hours on late Wednesday afternoon and early evening, as police searched a train tunnel for a bomb.
The police said they received a bomb threat by fax shortly before 3pm, and shortly afterwards received a report of a man acting suspiciously at Stadelhofen station.
The man was seen entering the train tunnel with a backpack and then exiting it again without.
The police opened the Stadelhofen station again at 6.20pm after finding nothing suspicious.
A 46-year-old Swiss man was taken in for questioning.
The Swiss Federal Railways said the closure of the seven lines caused lengthy delays on Zurich's entire commuter network during rush hour.
swissinfo with agencies
This article was automatically imported from our old content management system. If you see any display errors, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with the JTI standards